Apple unveiled its new iOS this past Monday and we couldn’t help but to notice that many features of it were imitations of other operating systems and applications. The once idolized Apple is no longer innovative. We’ve comprised a list of Top 10 features which are copied from other operating systems and applications, check the list after the break.
1. Notifications: The pop up notifications were changed to a Notification bar. Any person can recognize that this notification system is a copy of the Android notification bar. It has much more tweaking options but still is highly influenced by Android’s notification system.
2. Safari Reader: Â The feature of removing extra content in Safari so that the reading is less stressful for the eyes is simply what a well known app Readability offers.
3. Tabbed Browsing: Â This Characteristic of the new iOS is not only influenced by many third party browsers out there but also from Apple’s own desktop version. Those third party browsers include Skyfire, Dolphin Browser etc.
4. Reading List: In a hurry or don’t have time to complete reading any news or website you could simply save it for later and sync with other iOS devices. Now that same function is available in Instapaper app!
5. iMessage: iMessage is very similar to Blackberry’s Messenger and many group chat, messages etc. apps like Whats up messenger
6. Volume Rocker as Camera key: You can use your volume rocker key as your camera shutter button in the new iOS. This need for a physical button to capture photos was fulfilled by Camera+ app in the previous version of iOS.
7. Instant Camera Button: Apple introduced a new feature in the new OS, you can take photos while your screen is locked. This feature is really useful when you suddenly have to take a photo of something which can disappear in the moments you need to unlock the screen and launch the camera app. This same function is available in Windows Phone Devices.
8. Â Photo Retouching: Previously different apps like Photoshop were used to do some basic editing while being in the Camera key but now this feature comes built in. Again this is influenced by an application.
9. Reminders: The reminder system in the new iOS is very similar to the popular Milk to do/reminder application.
10. iCloud: We can’t help but notice that the idea of iCloud is taken from services like Dropbox and also some functions are influenced from them.
The above listed facts tell us that the new iOS is compromised of different operating systems and applications. Do let us know in the comment section below what do you think of this.