Mozilla has just released Firefox 6 BETA onto their BETA channel. Firefox 6 improves upon a lot on Firefox 5 and also introduces a lot of many security patches.
One of the visual changes in Firefox 6 is that the browser highlights the domain in the address bar which is very helpful to save you from phishing attacks. Other new features include:
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website youâ€™re visiting
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved usability of the Web Console
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
So if you wanna check it out head over to the Firefox BETA channel for the download.