This is the real deal guys, Android Police And RootzWiki got their hand on a total of four (two each) screenshots of Google’s latest mobile operating system Ice Cream Sandwich which is suppose to be released sometime this year. Pictures below:
As you can see this T-Mobile Nexus S 4G is running Ice Cream Sandwich! We presume it’s directly called by it’s name and not by it’s number like Android 3.0 or 4.0 because maybe Google itself is not sure of what to call it. Majority of the changes are for the UI like now the prominent color theme is Blue and it’s everywhere.
The icons and such were blacked out to ensure the the identity of the source stays anonymous. Also although these screenshots feature a Nexus S running Ice Cream Sandwich the OS will launch with the Nexus Prime (Nexus 3) and will be available later on the Nexus S.
The major changes RootzWiki noticed are as follows:
- Blue Themed – Like our site (Change theme on bottom)
- Camera has built in panorama mode
- Will launch with Google Shopper and NFC Enabled devices will be able to utilize those features
- Gmail is all rethemed
- Will be available for the Nexus S
- Nexus Prime gets it first (expected) then other devices will follow after
- Not too many changes, just UI things, don’t think requirements are set too high for year old devices to run it
- The little icon in the bottom right, looks like a tray with multiple apps in it
- Google search bar embedded on very top like Honeycomb
- Apps/Widgets launcher a lot like Honeycomb
- This release is still very early, notice the theming of the power tray