Galaxy S Advance is a decent mid range offering from Samsung for those who don’t want to dish out serious dough for the best of the best. Samsung has just rolled out a new firmware update XXLD3 which updates the phone to Android 2.3.6. Follow the guide below to install this firmware.
XXLD3 Firmware Details
- PDA: I9070XXLD3
- CSC: I9070OXXLD3
- Version: 2.3.6
- Date: 2012-04-25
- Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Step1- Download the XXLD3 firmware
Step 3- Boot your phone into download mode. Do this by switching it off and then pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then pressing the Power button. You’ll see a triangle and an Android logo. Press the power button to enter download mode
Step 4- Open ODIN on your PC. Make sure USB drivers for the phone are installed. Upon successful connection one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
Step 5- Select all files you downloaded in step 1.
- Click the PDA button. Select the file which has CODE in its name
- Click the Phone button and select the file which has MODEM in its name
- Click on the CSC button and select the file which has CSC in its name
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if this file doesn’t exist
Step 6- In ODIN select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Select repartition only if your selected the PIT file
Step 7- Click the start button. Installation process will take a few minutes. After that your phone will reboot with XXLD3 Android 2.3.6 official firmware.