Coming as a surprise to no one, Activision confirmed the existence of ‘Call of Duty 2013′ slated for release later this year during their Q4 Conference Call. Of course the Call of Duty 2013 title is just a placeholder name for the game, but rumors suggest the game will be Modern Warfare 4 continuing the story of Captain Price.
Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg was quoted as follows talking about the game:
The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation and we expect the new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher.
No other information about Call of Duty 2013 was revealed. So we have no idea who is developing the game, what platforms it will be playable on or an exact date of when it will come out. Activision did comment on the recent rumors of Sony and Microsoft’s next gen consoles saying:
There is increased volatility this year due to the ongoing console transition, which makes predicting the future more challenging than during normal uses in the cycle. For Call of Duty, consistent with our past practices, we are planning for the mainline release in Q4 to be down versus 2012.
Also check out:
- Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Pack Is Finally Official; Includes New Weapon, New Zombie Game Mode And Maps
- Black Ops 2 Peacekeeper SMG Details Revealed
- Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 Patch Notes: Swarm And FAL Nerfed, Executioner Buffed
- Black Ops 2 Double Weapon XP Weekend Starting February 1st
- Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Pack Launch Trailer
- Latest Black Ops 2 Wii U Patch Includes Fixes And Updates, Patch Notes Here
Some rumors have been suggested that Call of Duty 2013 will be a cross platform title appearing on both current and next gen consoles. We hope to hear more about Call of Duty 2013 soon but till then stay tuned to TechDeville.
So tell us guys, do you want the next Call of Duty to be more like Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2?